Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Success




As I started marketing my animations and associated products I started making these cards/posters for use on their boxes and in Web Sales sites

My original idea for the first thing to change in second life had been made previously but I hadn't found a way to sell it as an animation override. That was to come later with some collaboration with a programmer from Liverpool named Betty.

But back to the Bubblin' Burleque Martini Glass.
When I came into SL I wanted to make things that did not generally exist or allows people to do things they can't really imagine themselves doing in Real Life.
Hence....swirling around in a Maya built martini glass, with a 30 second animation made in something fairly primative called QAvimator. Its free and arcane, but it pumps out Biovision Hierarchy animation files cleaner than the current Maya exporter. Second Life animation is a bit hobbled by the fact of its birth as adjunct to Poser which uses an arcane skeleton system that isn't really compatable with any other animation system. So I had to eventually rig up my Own Maya skeleton and then find a more solid one for use in Maya with a workable IK system.

No comments:

Post a Comment